The Technologies for Nuclear Energy State Owned Company (RATEN) was founded with the aim of providing technical support for nuclear power activities and offering and developing technical expertise as long as the nuclear installations are in use.
RATEN contributes to the development strategy for the nuclear power field and makes it a priority to support the achievement of scientific and technical goals set out by Government-approved National Programs.
- RATEN’s main activities are:
- Developing technologies that ensure national scientific and technical support in the field of nuclear power for the safe operation of nuclear facilities;
- Developing technologies for the new GEN IV type reactors;
- Developing technologies for spent fuel and radioactive waste management;
- Producing radioisotopes for medicine and industry;
- Research, design and technological engineering activities;
- Training in the field of nuclear power;
- Developing expertise in the nuclear power field in order to offer technical support to central public institutions;
- The Public Information Program;
- Activities for sustaining international cooperation.